220 S. Wabash Ave. Chicago, IL 60604(312) 431-9588
"Marry Me" Proposal Sign Letter Mat
Our client, Noah Angeletti, came to us to have us cut the words "Marry Me" into a large mat that he used to frame pictures of him and his intended fiance. He used this clever device to pop the question to her and, as the photo that follows implies, she liked both the message, the medium of its convenience, and the ring!
We have found that, in order to do a mat like this, with photos showing through the letters, you need a blocky, simple, type font and it cannot be too small. If it is too small, it is very hard for the machine to cut.
Here are some possible ideas for letter mats beyond the one already mentioned. For the most part, it seems like "life events" work the best:
(1) Anniversary Mat (1st wedding anniversary is "paper")
(2) Baby's first year birthday
(3) Small child's first name and photos that show their development
(4) A trip you took somewhere and photos that typify it
(5) A departed loved one and photos from their life.
(6) A company and the work team that makes up its success